If you want to get in on spreading the love at your neighborhood school, consider donating some time this weekend to Guerilla Goodness chalk drawings! I’ll be over at Mary Munford on Monday if you want to join in!
Here’s the deal from Patience Salgado over at Kindnessgirl.com
1. Grab some bright sidewalk chalk.
2. You head out with friends, family, kids, dogs, grandmothers, artists, whoever…and write positive messges to kids on the sidewalks in front of the elementary schools for the first day of school. Here are some things you can write:
Have a GREAT first day of school!!
It’s going to be a awesome year!
You look fantastic!
We believe in you!
if you want more ideas, check out the pictures of what other people have done here.
3. Go home blissed out with the kindness high!
4. If you are a kindness kid, be super quiet when you are walking to school the next day and everyone around you is talking about the cool art out front… and smile.
5. If you are a Richmonder and want to participate, reach out to your local school administration and send them a link to this post for permission. If just the idea makes you tired or sweat, contact me and I’ll do it for you! email@example.com
6. If you decide to do this project or blog about it, please leave a comment so we can highlight your kindness work and watch it grow! Don’t forget to send me pictures and I’ll post them or simply add them to our GG Flickr Pool.
Other folks chalkin’ it up:
Holton Elementary School- Mrs. Hooker’s First Grade Class
Mary Munford Elementary
photo courtesy of Patience Salgado